Gorgonzola and Fuji Apple Salad

I had some very odd cravings today, which caused me to pair foods I would not typically think to do. I decided early on that I was going to make some amazing Broccoli Cheddar Soup. I also thought adding a salad would make for a fantastic dinner. The only problem is I really wanted the mimic the Gorgonzola and apple salad I get when I eat at Burgers and Brew. It is really one of my favorite salads and once I got it in my head that I could have it for dinner, there was no getting it out.

I have not eaten at Burgers and Brew for several months, but I think this salad rivals their salads yumminess!

So easy and so delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people

Ingredients:
  • 3 large handfuls of mixed greens (I use prepackaged organic baby greens)
  • 1 large Fuji apple
  • 4 tablespoons of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
  • Balsamic vinaigrette dressing to taste 
Directions:
  1. Dice the apple into one inch size pieces
  2. Mix the mixed greens, apple pieces and Gorgonzola cheese together
  3. Add the balsamic vinaigrette to taste, mix to coat the rest of the salad and serve
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment